When there is an accident in front of us, we often do not know what to do. We ask for help and call an ambulance but they may not arrive on time. It will take time for help to be there and it may cause the person’s life. So, what do you do in a helpless life-threatening situation? Read on to learn some basic techniques to help you in case of an emergency.
- First, you have to check if there is still danger around you before checking on the injured person. Assisting in an emergency does not mean it is okay to put yourself in danger.
- Second, check if the injured person can respond. Can they talk back when you speak to them? Do they respond if you squeeze their hand? You have to know if the person is conscious.
- Third, ask for help or call an ambulance. You have to answer all the questions asked, what happened, how many are injured, the exact location, and is the person conscious, among others.
- Fourth, while waiting for the ambulance, check if the person is breathing. You can look at their chest for upward and downward movement or listen to their mouth and nose.
- Fifth, if the person is not conscious and is not breathing, lay them flat on their back so you can do CPR. It is best if you have had CPR training in Central, Illinois so that you can do it right.
AED training in Southern, Illinois will also come in handy if there is a defibrillator available on site. There are many clubs, organizations, and other public places that have this.
Friendly Training encourages to learn first aid training for situations like this. It can make a huge difference for someone’s life.